Lord Howe Island and COVID-19
The Covid19 Pandemic
Yes, I refer to the current COVID-19 pandemic! Our once carefree happy lifestyle working & living on Lord Howe Island has been completely turned upside down.
Like everybody, we wish it would all just go away. It appears that unless we learn to minimize the risk of transmission, we will be stuck in this state of limbo until a vaccine is available.
Now that would be something everybody could really look forward too!
Life Goes On
In the meantime, here at Reef N Beyond Eco Tours we have prepared for the “new norm”
We have now introduced our “Covid19 Safety Plan”! We have introduced numerous measures to mitigate & minimize risk Covid19 infection to our staff, guests & broader community. Rest assured we are looking after your safety while maintaining the enjoyment factor on our tours.
How can you help? Well first of all,
Our Risk Mitigation
- Read our Covid19 Risk Mitigation Policy – Here – https://visitlordhowe.com.au/covid-19-policy/
- Be aware that we will be operating with reduced passenger numbers to meet social distancing requirements.
- Respect the social distancing requirements of others when marshalling at boarding/embarking locations. This Includes at the Boat Shed, with staff, other guests & the community.
- Wash your hands with supplied hand sanitizer & have temperature checked prior to boarding Reef N Beyond.
- Follow crews instructions at all times.
- Use our contactless online booking facility & ensure all information fields are completed.
- Be aware that all high touch surfaces will be disinfected prior, during & after tours. This includes the Reef N Beyond Boat Shed.
- You will be greeted by crew from a safe distance. Please don’t be offended when not greeted by a handshake.
- Please answer questions honestly & responsibly in relation to :-
- Having any flu- like symptoms.
- Close contacts.
- Previous travel
- Contact Reef N Beyond Eco Tours as soon as possible if you are feeling unwell here. https://visitlordhowe.com.au/contact/
- Should you be unwell on the day of the tour, unfortunately you will not be permitted to join the tour. Alternatively, you may be entitled to a gift card valid for a period of 2 years, or a full refund.
We look forward to seeing you on our Reef N Beyond Tours in our Covid19 Safe environment!!!!