Lord Howe Island Holiday
As a Marine Eco Tour Operator on Lord Howe Island we are currently closed due to the Covid19 virus outbreak. Now is the ideal time to consider your next holiday.
It is highly likely that the domestic travel market will be open prior to any international destination.
Why not consider Lord Howe Island? Just a 2 hour flight from Sydney, Port Macquarie & Brisbane. “Lonely Planet” rated Lord Howe Island 5th best world holiday destination.
I have to agree, Lord Howe Island is definitely the perfect destination for adventure seekers & families alike.
A Few Tips – These should enable you to experience the best Lord Howe Island has to offer.
Prior to Arriving
- Study your destination, check prevailing weather conditions including water temperature & available activities.
- Decide what activities & tours you wish to do.
- Check out tour websites & reviews.
- Prioritize tours – What is really on the top of your bucket list?
- Pre-book tours prior to arrival or as soon as you arrive. Remember some tours are more weather dependent than others. The weather dependent tours should be done first. Many tours operate daily, these could be done on another day.
- Check individual tour operator policies prior to booking.
- Remember an addition memory card & charger for your device. Lord Howe Island is an extremely photogenic destination. It would be a shame not to take all of these memories with you.
On Arrival at Lord Howe
- Drop into the Reef N Beyond boat shed. We are happy to offer you advice on activities, provide you with brochures on walking tracks, the Marine Park & other Island tours.
- Make contact with tour operators as soon as you arrive. Provide accommodation details & email address. Enable them to contact you easily.
- Confirm your tour promptly!
- Remember weather dependent tours are scheduled according to the best weather day & time.
- Avoid disappointment, take the first available opportunity offered. If not, you could miss out.
- Enquire what personal equipment you need. Example – camera, food, drink, snorkeling gear, wetsuit, sunscreen, spray jacket, sea sickness medication.
- Ensure you are aware of the departure location.
- Check the local time. Lord Howe Island is (30 minutes ahead of AEST in the winter & the same as Sydney AEDST in the summer.)
- Be punctual and arrive at departure point at least 10 minutes prior.
- If it becomes necessary to cancel your booking, be courteous & give the tour operator plenty of notice.
Lord Howe Island is extremely suited to those wanting an action packed, physical & adventurous holiday or those who just want to relax. The views are magnificent in every direction.
Whether above or below the water, the amazing endemic wildlife & stunning scenery will entice you to come back for more.
We look forward to meeting you soon!
Kindest Regards Dave & Glenys Gardiner