Our Covid 19 Policy
As a responsible tour operator, we are committed to providing our guests with an unforgettable Lord Howe Island Eco Touring Experience. COVID-19 restrictions have begun to be eased across New South Wales and Australia, but we must not be complacent. As such, Reef N Beyond Eco Tours are taking additional measures to keep our tours as safe and as comfortable as possible for our guests.
NOTE: these measures are subject to change depending on Local, State and Federal requirements surrounding COVID-19. Updates to Reef N Beyond Eco Tour operations will be available on this page, and will also be communicated to existing customers.
Reef N Beyond Eco Tours risk mitigation measures are based on the latest COVID-19 infection rates in NSW, at the current time these rates are low, and therefore participating in a Reef N Beyond tour poses a low-risk. This may be subject to change.
Reef N Beyond Covid 19 Risk Mitigation
- Passenger numbers will be strictly limited to allow for physical distancing requirements where possible, seats may be allocated on the day to allow for passengers to maintain a safe distance. Passengers from the same household will be permitted to sit together.
- Passengers will be reminded to constantly maintain a safe (physical) distance from crew and other passengers whilst participating in Reef N Beyond tours.
- Passengers will be required to apply an alcohol-based hand sanitiser prior to boarding the vessel & have temperature checked.
- Hand sanitiser, wipes & paper-towels will be made available for all passengers when onboard or those requiring the use of the toilet.
- Crew will conduct safety briefings from the wharf, to allow for additional physical distancing.
- All high-touch surfaces will be disinfected before, during and after each tour using an alcohol-based sanitiser – as per Safe Work Australia guidelines
- All bookings and waivers will be contactless.
- Reef N Beyond eco Tours has informed all crew of the risks of COVID-19, as well as implementing new policies and procedures to keep crew and passengers safe.
- Passengers will be greeted from a safe distance and not greeted with a handshake.
- Passengers are required to help stop the spread of coronavirus while following government advice for COVID-19, this includes coughing or sneezing into your elbow, using a tissue and binning the tissue and washing your hands for a minimum of 20 seconds.
- Reef N Beyond safety and risk mitigation procedures have been updated in accordance with the latest government advice and regulations surrounding COVID-19.
- At the time of tour confirmation or on Island booking, all passengers will be asked the questions below, in order to keep everyone safe. Should you answer ‘yes’ to any of the questions, or be unwell on the day of the tour, unfortunately you will not be permitted to join the tour. Alternatively, you may be entitled to a gift card valid for a period of 2 years, or a full refund.
- If you are unwell it is the passenger’s responsibility to notify Reef N Beyond Eco Tours. To contact Reef N Beyond Eco Tours – click here. Passengers wishing to reschedule or change their booking up until 48 hours prior to departure will be subject to Reef N Beyond’s Eco Tour Standard Policies
- Have you returned from any overseas travel within the last 14 days?
- Have you been in close contact with anyone who has travelled overseas within the last 14 days?
- Have you had close contact with or cared for someone diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 14 days?
- Have you experienced any cold or flu-like symptoms in the last 14 days? (including but not limited to a fever, cough, sore throat, respiratory illness or difficulty breathing)
Your assistance in following Reef N Beyond Eco Tour’s latest safety procedures will be greatly appreciated, and we look forward to providing you with an unforgettable touring experience!